Friday, March 21, 2014

February 7

February 7, 2014

 We are feeling pretty overwhelmed, but our trainers, Elder and Sister Gwilliam from Canada, are GREAT!  But they are going home in about 2 1/2 weeks - so then we'll probably really be stressed!  We have met many of the members here, and have been able to go out with the missionaries several times.  They are teaching two amazing families.   Last night, after the lesson and closing prayer the father of one of the families asked for ideas to help their family become more spiritual.  It was so amazing.  The people here are so humble.  They are poor but happy.  There is so much to tell, but I will wait until we get moved into our home, which will be the end of February.  Also I will send pictures.  Our apartment is not too bad.  No hot water, but at least there is running water and indoor plumbing. And after the initial shock of the cold water, showers aren't too bad. When the Gwilliams leave we will move into their home and some Elders will move into ours. They do have hot water in the shower, not in the kitchen.  Anyway, we are very busy but not as busy as we will be when Gwilliams go home.  We are on the road a lot - Elder Gwilliam spends about 375.00 in gas per month.  And you would really not believe the driving conditions.  I will try to explain later.  This really is a third world country.  Many homes have dirt floors.  They are not really homes, but shacks or huts.  Oh, and we found out that when someone dies, the body is embalmed and then the family has to take it ho me (in a casket) and keep it at their house until they have the money to bury the body.  It is not "buried" they way we do.  Anyway, better close for now.  I just use their internet here once in a while but once we move in I will be able to keep up a little better - I hope ! 

Hey if anyone has any great ideas for games I would appreciate it.  We are doing an activity for the YSA and youth for our branch.  It is next Friday for Valentines day so if you could let me know asap that would be great!  Thanks and love you all!

We love and miss you all so much!  Hope you are all doing well.  Please send me a quick update to let me know how you are all doing.  Even though I don't have time to email much it is nice to sit down and see some emails from family.  We love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment