Sunday, April 6, 2014

Meetinghouse Complete!!

April 3, 2014

The meetinghouse - complete!


Dad with the new sign. President Quiniones on the right and Bro Zardoma on the left. It is his property that the meetinghouse is built on and he has done so much work on it!



The other sign that will be put out close to the road.




We are done cleaning the chapel.  We didn't get the storage room cleaned out but everything else looks pretty good.  They  do not have screens on their windows, but they have bars on them so they often leave them open.  When dad went into the primary room there was a bird in there.  Later when I went in there to clean I was pulling the folding doors out so I could clean in between and their was the makings of a bird's nest and several feathers!!!  There's a saying here - "Only in the Philippines!"  

Well, I guess I'd better run. Hope you are all doing well.  I'm guessing its warming up a bit there.  It is HOT here!!!  This past month I discovered that something my 4th grade teacher said was not true.  She said, very emphatically, "Horses sweat, people perspire".  Well, that is simply not true in the Philippines.  The Filipinos may perspire, but white people sweat!  I didn't realize I could sweat so much!  I know, it's disgusting, but true.  After cleaning the church today my clothes, shirt AND pants were REALLY wet - like I had taken a shower in them.  But, we will get through it. 

 All in all, things are great.  We are loving it here.  We're thinking we will start teaching an English class next month.  I think there would be a lot of interest, and maybe some missionary work will be done.  I've already got two girls from a store we were in that want to come.   

Well, to ALL of you, please write soon.  We love to hear from you.  

INGAT! 

No comments:

Post a Comment